Vermont mortgage delinquencies, foreclosures fall

first_imgWhile Vermont remained at 16th best in the nation for non-current mortgages, both delinquencies (5 percent) and foreclosures (3.7 percent) fell in March from February levels (4.6 percent and 3.8 percent). Vermont’s total non-current was 8.4 percent against a national average of 11.2 percent.Lender Processing Services, Inc. (NYSE: LPS), a leading provider of integrated technology, data and analytics to the mortgage and real estate industries, reports the following March 2012 month-end mortgage performance statistics (SEE TABLE BELOW) derived from its loan-level database of nearly 40 million mortgage loans.Total U.S. loan delinquency rate (loans 30 or more days past due, but not in foreclosure): 7.09% Month-over-month change in delinquency rate: -6.3%Year-over-year change in delinquency rate: -8.8%Total U.S. foreclosure pre-sale inventory rate: 4.14%Month-over-month change in foreclosure presale inventory rate: 0.1%Year-over-year change in foreclosure presale inventory rate: -1.6%Number of properties that are 30 or more days past due, but not in foreclosure: (A) 3,531,000Number of properties that are 90 or more days delinquent, but not in foreclosure: 1,643,000Number of properties in foreclosure pre-sale inventory: (B) 2,060,000Number of properties that are 30 or more days delinquent or in foreclosure: (A+B) 5,591,000States with highest percentage of non-current* loans: FL, MS, NV, NJ, ILStates with the lowest percentage of non-current* loans: MT, AK, SD, WY, ND*Non-current totals combine foreclosures and delinquencies as a percent of active loans in that state. Notes: (1) Totals are extrapolated based on LPS Applied Analytics’ loan-level database of mortgage assets (2) All whole numbers are rounded to the nearest thousand The company will provide a more in-depth review of this data in its monthly Mortgage Monitor report, which includes an analysis of data supplemented by in-depth charts and graphs that reflect trend and point-in-time observations. The Mortgage Monitor report is available on LPS’ website, http://www.lpsvcs.com/LPSCorporateInformation/CommunicationCenter/DataRe…(link is external) .For more information about gaining access to LPS’ loan-level database, please send an e-mail to [email protected](link sends e-mail).About Lender Processing Services Lender Processing Services, Inc. (LPS) is a leading provider of integrated technology, services and mortgage performance data and analytics to the mortgage and real estate industries. LPS offers solutions that span the mortgage continuum, including lead generation, origination, servicing, workflow automation, portfolio retention and default, augmented by the company’s award-winning customer support and professional services. Approximately 50 percent of all U.S. mortgages by dollar volume are serviced using LPS’ Mortgage Servicing Package (MSP). LPS also offers proprietary mortgage and real estate data and analytics for the mortgage and capital markets industries. For more information about LPS, visit www.lpsvcs.com(link is external). LPS: JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – April 24, 2012 –last_img

Published by

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *